2023 NH Bankers Association Community Banker of the Year Recognized
At the New Hampshire and Vermont Bankers Annual Conference, NH Bankers announced the 2023 Community Banker of the Year as Mark Bodin, President, Savings Bank of Walpole.
Mark was selected for this prestigious honor by an independent panel, comprised of leading elected officials from the State of New Hampshire. This year’s panel included: Senate President Jeb Bradley (R-Wolfeboro), Senate Democratic Leader Donna Soucy (D-Manchester) and Chair of the House Commerce and Consumer Affairs Committee, Rep. John Hunt (R-Rindge).
NH Bankers President Kristy Merrill said, “We have a consistent slate of community-service minded bankers nominated each year and this year was no different -- with the nominees reflecting a combined 96 years of experience in the banking industry and service to nearly 30 professional and community organization boards and committees. Our nominees are a wonderful representation of the impact our bankers make in our New Hampshire communities every day.”
“If you spend just a little bit of time with Mark, it becomes abundantly clear that he has a heart of service to his community. Not only does he embody the spirit of a community banker through his actions, but he encourages his team to do so as well with 40% of Savings Bank of Walpole employees serving on local non-profit boards and committees.” said Kristy Merrill.
Highlights from Mark Bodin’s Career and Service:
- Cheshire Medical Center, Keene NH - Serves on the Board of Trustees and chairs the Finance Committee, the Executive Committee, as well as the Governance Committee
- Kurn Hattin Homes for Children in Westminster, VT - Serves as the Chair of the Board of Trustees and serves on the Executive Committee
- Monadnock Diversity Equity Inclusion & Belonging Coalition, Keene NH - Serves on the Steering Committee for the Coalition while Chairing the Business Advisory Committee
- Keene Family YMCA, Keene, NH - Serves on the Development and Community Impact Committee.
- Savings Bank of Walpole – worked with women leaders on the senior leadership team to form a “Women in the Workplace” group to support all the women in their bank footprint with 20-30 staff members from all levels in the bank.
Mark’s many board involvements, event volunteering and mentorship to many over the years represents what truly makes a community banker – community involvement, community support, community forward thinking, community energizer, community collaboration and so much more.
Kristy Merrill, President of New Hampshire Bankers Association with Community Banker of the Year Recipient, Mark Bodin, President of Savings Bank of Walpole.
L-R: Gregg Tewksbury, President, NH Mutual Bancorp; Mark Bodin, President, Savings Bank of Walpole and 2023 Community Banker of the Year Recipient; Jason Hicks, EVP/Chief Financial & Risk Officer, NH Mutual Bancorp; Stephen Bianco, SVP/Sr. Commercial Lender, Savings Bank of Walpole; Marcus Weeks, President, Meredith Village Savings Bank.